HeartReach Center is a 501c3 non-profit organization that began in 1986 when a group of concerned citizens got together and decided they would make sure men and women facing unplanned pregnancy situations in the Mat-Su Valley had a resource. What began then as a Crisis Pregnancy Center (CPC) all those years ago has morphed into a beautiful facility that serves thousands of clients each year in ways far beyond what those original founders ever dreamed possible.
FREE SERVICES OFFERED
Today, HeartReach Center serves men, women and families by providing them a safe place to get answers and resources they need in the areas of:
- Sexual health education (in office on a per-client basis and via a program called Step Up Now designed for youth in a classroom setting)
- Pregnancy options information
- Pregnancy testing
- Limited obstetric ultrasounds
- Post abortion support for men and women
- Embracing Parenthood Program for moms, dads or couples (offers over 400 classes that cover topics pertaining to personal well-being, prenatal development and parenting in a one-on-one mentor relationship)
- A “Market” stocked with diapers, formula and baby items that services clients who participate in classes and emergency needs situations on an “as needed” basis.
*HeartReach Center works in partnership with many other service-based organizations in the Valley to ensure clients are offered comprehensive resources and referrals for needs that HeartReach Center does not directly address. HeartReach Center is also actively involved in preventative initiatives such as Stewards of Children Training, for the prevention of child sexual abuse, and Step Up Now to Healthy Relationships, which is a three-part, interactive presentation series designed to encourage teens to live healthy lives and to make decisions that will protect their futures.*
HOPE * LIFE * VALUE
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.*
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.